"...in a time lacking in truth and uncertainty and filled with anquish and despair, no woman should be shamefaced in attemping to give back to the world, through her work, a portion of its lost heart." Louise Bogan, American Poet 1897-1970

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Sliding in Sideways.........

     Wow! November 30, already?!! Where did this month go?
     I have a perfect excuse for being absent of late...


     Our beautiful granddaughter, Brittany came to stay for three weeks!! She brought her new sewing machine and I taught her how to thread and use it and away she went!! I gave her access to my fabric and some Quiting Arts magazines and she was unstoppable.





     She thought the grass she cut out could pass for false eyelashes. We laughed so hard. Laughing was a daily occurrence with Brit around. 
     One of the days she said she wanted to make a skirt.  So she cut out some fabric she had purchased and proceeded to make a skirt...without a pattern. She has done this before, she told me and then sewed it by hand. What a gal. She used her machine this time and said she would never sew clothes by hand again! The skirt ended up being too small, but she said not to worry and cut it off and made two straps and it will become a summer top. That's my girl!
     The past three weeks have been very full. I miss her very much.
     I now need to get caught up on reading your blogs and get some of my own quilting done.
     May your days be blessed with laughter and finished projects, Deborah

    

2 comments: