"...in a time lacking in truth and uncertainty and filled with anquish and despair, no woman should be shamefaced in attemping to give back to the world, through her work, a portion of its lost heart." Louise Bogan, American Poet 1897-1970

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Drum Roll Please

     I DID IT!!!! My first quilt that I did from cutting to binding and everything inbetween, including the FMQ. Woot! Woot! The proof:

                                                                Before I washed it.


                                                                  I love my spiral


                                               I just started to meander around and...


                                                    and around until I was all done.


                                       I put a free form wonky star in each corner block.


                                                     After it was washed. So cuddly!

     Whew! I am now wearing BIG GIRL PANTS!!! This was easier than I ever imagined and no it is NOT perfect.  I can't believe how much fun it is to do this!! If I can do this, anybody can. Really. YOU CAN DO IT, TOO!!  A big THANK YOU, to Em for starting the blog Celebrating! Big Girl Pants and inviting me to join. You gave me the push I needed.  Love you, Em!!

8 comments:

  1. Wowzer!

    It's a work of ART!

    Great job!

    Those big girl pants look good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! It looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Congratulations on your first from start to finish. I am VERY PROUD of you. Love seeing your new works of Art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on a wonderful quilt! Beautiful colors and fantastic quilting. You should be quite proud.
    I just became a new follower of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah you!! the feeling of success and accomplishment is so great when a quilting project is complete, isn't it? I love the way you put a star in each corner--very creative and courageous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. and love back at ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fabulous quilting missy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Deborah, you were so brave and you made spiral quilting! I stitched for years only stippling!
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this- you did awesome! I tried a FMQ star last week and mine was terrible. You definitely have me beat on those. I will have to practice them I guess if I never need to use that motif.

    ReplyDelete