"...in a time lacking in truth and uncertainty and filled with anquish and despair, no woman should be shamefaced in attemping to give back to the world, through her work, a portion of its lost heart." Louise Bogan, American Poet 1897-1970

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Tuesday Girls

     I'd like you to meet some of the girls I hang with on Tuesdays. Of course, we are never all there on any given Tuesday, so it is catch is while catch can.  I will try to remember my camera the next time I go and maybe I can catch the rest. We all belong to the local guild that meets the first Thursday of the month, but Tuesdays are available if you want to bring your machine and sew or do some hand sewing. Heck, we've even been known to knit, crochet or do our mending.  We just like hanging together, so we call ourselves the Tuesday Girls.


                                            F.Row  JoAnn                 Pres. Michelle
                                            B.Row  Linda                       Mary


                                                      Darlene (aka: The General)


                                                                           Betty


                                                                          Kathleen


                                                                            Linda


                                                               Maxine & Glady


     These are the nicest ladies a quilter could ever hang out with.  Just think, there are even more of them! :o)  Some of the ladies are working on soldier quilts and some are getting ready for Christmas events. Glady is the lady who does the handsewing on our soldiers quilts. We sew the bindings on the quilt and Glady does the handsewing to tack them down. Saves so much time!
    
     We have grandchildren coming to visit this weekend, with their parents of course. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!!
     Blessings all over you!!  Deborah
     P.S. When I previewed my post, the lettering under the pictures was all wonky! I don't know why it does that! Sorry. I hope it straightens itself out. :o(

4 comments:

  1. you mean you get to hang out and sew with the girls EVERY week? OH, I'm so jealous! What fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sewing Club??? I too am jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you have a lovely group of women to quilt with, and probably a lot of experience for everyone to draw from. Thanks for doing the quilts for soldiers. That is an incredibly wonderful thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, they look like a nice group to hang with...wish I lived closer for sure! You are so lucky. Hug then as much as you can and tell them how you appreciate them as friends....I am so happy for friends who sew and I only have two or three where I live....

    ReplyDelete