"...in a time lacking in truth and uncertainty and filled with anquish and despair, no woman should be shamefaced in attemping to give back to the world, through her work, a portion of its lost heart." Louise Bogan, American Poet 1897-1970

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thread Winnings and an Autumn Quilt

     This is my gorgeous Aurifil thread that I won from Jennifer over at Ellison Lane Quilts. (See my blog list for her link.) Thanks again, Jennifer!! The blue on the end is wool! Yummy! And the melon color on the other end is a varigated #4250.  I love them all.

    
     The next picture is not the best, but I still need to sew the 4 patch blocks into rows. Originally I was going to put sashing between each block, but once I laid it out this way I'm not so sure. So the question is: To sash or not to sash? If I sash, I was thinking a neutral color. White on beige or vice-versa.  I have one that is a tiny leaf pattern. What do you think?

     I'm also thinking the first thin border will be purple. Decisions, decisions.
     Enjoy your day! 
     Blessings, Deborah

3 comments:

  1. OMGosh,OMGosh,OMGosh,OMGosh,OMGosh

    I LOVE it!!!!

    That quilt don't NEED no shashing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote no sashing. It looks wonderful as is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 2 cents, no on the sashing as well.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete