"...in a time lacking in truth and uncertainty and filled with anquish and despair, no woman should be shamefaced in attemping to give back to the world, through her work, a portion of its lost heart." Louise Bogan, American Poet 1897-1970

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

World Alzheimer's Day

     Today is World Alzheimer's Day.  Please visit Michele's blog http://www.with-heart-and-hands.com/ to read a touching story and learn several ways you can help.
     My step-father, Les Lowrey had the early stages of Alzheimers before he passed away from cancer in 2004. The day before his passing I went to visit him in the hospital and he told me he was worried about my mother, who had her own set of health issues. He said he just couldn't take care of her anymore. I told him not to worry, that she was doing okay and I was taking care of her and that he should just concentrate on getting well. Little did I know I would get a call the next morning telling me he was gone.  My mother passed one month later. I still miss them both so much.
     My heart goes out to anyone suffering from this horrid disease and to their families.
     Bless them all.  Deborah

1 comment: