"...in a time lacking in truth and uncertainty and filled with anquish and despair, no woman should be shamefaced in attemping to give back to the world, through her work, a portion of its lost heart." Louise Bogan, American Poet 1897-1970

Saturday, January 2, 2021

Happy New Year 2021 I'm Back!!

 Welcome and Hello! 

It's been a long time since I've been here and a long time since I've quilted. I think my last post here was in 2012, but I didn't stop quilting until 2014. Almost seven years since I've played with fabric! 

I made this top probably 8-9 years ago and decided to start with this one. 


It's a variation of a 4 patch. If you click on the image you can get a larger view. The squares are made by starting with a 10" white square right side up, then you lay an 8" print on top of the white square right side up, also. You stitch the print to the white square with a 1/4" seam all around the print. Once you make all your squares you cut them in 1/4's and then mix them up and sew them back together. When it is washed the raw edges will fray and give the quilt some texture. I was going to just back it this way, but I kept looking at it and it didn't seem finished to me. So I added another border in a botanical batik in a purple/turquoise color. Now it looks done!


 I put a square of the backing in each corner of the final border.


Close up of the backing.




I'm going to tie this one and add some buttons in the center of every other square. I will be back with the final product as soon as it is done!

Happy Quilting!

Deborah

2 comments:

  1. That's lovely! Purple and blue are colours I always gravitate towards. And a really interesting technique, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are two of my favorite colors together.

      Delete