"...in a time lacking in truth and uncertainty and filled with anquish and despair, no woman should be shamefaced in attemping to give back to the world, through her work, a portion of its lost heart." Louise Bogan, American Poet 1897-1970

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Intro

I LOVE QUILTING!!
What can I say? I feel I was born to quilt; my creative reason for being so to speak.
I make quilts and quilted items for family, friends and charity. Our local quilt guild has made quilts for soldiers and sent them to Iraq and two years ago we made a quilt for every Veteran in our area. We make quilts for children in our local shelters and we have Needfill Quilts on hand to give to people who have had a home fire and lost everything.

My blog title, "Quilting Yai Yai" doesn't mean I can speak Greek, although I wish I could. My father was Greek, but never taught me how to speak the language.  Yai Yai is Greek for grandmother and I am blessed with eight grandchildren - 5 boys and 3 girls.

Tomorrow I will figure out how to post pictures and share some of the quilts I've made.

Do something nice for yourself this weekend. You deserve it.

3 comments:

  1. How do you pronounce yai yai?

    This place looks great!

    I'm subscribing to your feed via Atom...

    Mazal Tov!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also see they have a 'follow by email' function now. They have made a lot of improvements!

    I take back what I said about this place...

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete