"...in a time lacking in truth and uncertainty and filled with anquish and despair, no woman should be shamefaced in attemping to give back to the world, through her work, a portion of its lost heart." Louise Bogan, American Poet 1897-1970

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Plan for Today

     In today's line-up is another tablerunner. Summer's patriotic days are fast approaching, so I plan to finish this UFO I found hanging in my closet. I won't say how long it has been hanging around, but it has been awhile.



     The pattern is called "Nine Patch Gone Crazy," and I'm sorry I don't remember what magazine I found it in or who the designer was. If I can locate the issue I will post it later.  These were three squares left over from a Veteran's quilt. Below is a picture of the quilt. It was the first time I tried squares on point with side triangles. I was never the best math student, but luckily I found a chart for figuring those out on Victoriana Quilt Designs. She has all the math figured out for you. I have a link to her blog under "My Blog List," on the right side of the page.



Hope it is sunny where you are.
I believe in you!

1 comment:

  1. It IS sunny where I am!

    I like the way that thing looks wavy gravy...

    I had a brainstorm last night about knitted pouches. I'm putting it down to synchronicity!

    Yawp!

    As in:
    "I sound my barbaric yawp over the roofs of the world" (Walt Whitman).

    ReplyDelete