"...in a time lacking in truth and uncertainty and filled with anquish and despair, no woman should be shamefaced in attemping to give back to the world, through her work, a portion of its lost heart." Louise Bogan, American Poet 1897-1970

Sunday, April 10, 2011

UFO Wall Hanging

I thought I would share some pictures of the wall hanging I am making for my livingroom.  I designed this myself using batiks for the squares, my favorite fabric in the whole world, and adding a few elements that take a close up to see.



Yo-Yo with flower button



Folded corner squares


Prairie Points for mountains, also in next photo




Do you see why I like those batiks?!!


I have begun the hand quilting in a spiral around the yo-yo flower and will stop when I reach the wide brown border. Buttons and beads will be added later. More on this as it "blooms."

Wishing you blessings on your day and peace in your heart.
Happy Sunday!





                                                                              

1 comment: